{cough}
Actually, I was free. As free as a Red Rooster when he's not locked away in solitary confinement in the dog house. As free as a mom can be, when she has narrowly escaped the house armed with only a camera... and a grocery list.
No, people, I was fully dressed. Don't even go there.
Thank the good Lord we found the car keys. Today, I almost got all the dishes washed, almost got the whole main floor of the house vacuumed, almost got the entirety of the bathroom scrubbed. Almost lost my mind. Almost. It would have been fitting, in a depressing kind of way, had those keys remained at large as I would then have almost made it to town.
I was on my way to Walmart, ya'll! All by myself! Yeehaw!
I weep and wail and pour ashes on my head every time I have to shop there.
{sigh} But we can save that for another day.
At first they were all like, "What the heck?"

Cows are not very good models.
Move a few steps this way... now lift your head and look straight into the camera.
Or not.

Is it too much to ask just one of you to lift your head?

Apparently so.
Maybe I should have yelled or whistled to get their attention. Except that I have some kind of disability which causes me to be unable to whistle. I have tried, and tried, and tried. I just can't whistle.
And they're not my cows, so I didn't want to harass them.
AND I had not a clue how the cows were posing, because by this point, I was blind.
Public Service Announcement: Boys and girls, do not look at the sun. Do not look at the sun's reflection bouncing off a mirror. Do not look through a camera at the sun as it shines into your camera's lens and bounces off the mirror contained within the camera, causing it to shine directly through the viewfinder and straight into your eyeball.

Oh the pain and agony I went through to bring you this sun flare.
You Capture - "America"
So I'm late with this You Capture, but better now than when the cows come home.
14 comments:
If it wasn't 6:30 am, I'd be rolling on the floor. As it is, I'm laughing harder than I'd like at this time in the morning. ;)
Love your cow shots. I think you could have harrassed them more and gotten away with it. Farmers only mind if you go at their cows with a can a spray paint. (I was young and impressionable.)
Your psa came a little to late for me. I may end up losing my sight in the attempt to get the perfect sun flare! :)
You should have mooed. Long and loud. That usually works for me. Unless you arrive at their field on a motorcycle, stop, get off and walk toward them. That really freaks them out for some odd reason. Great, funny post! You'll have to expand upon the Wal-Mart thing one day.
Oh, the pics were great, too! :-)
Yeah. Mooed. XD
Love the pics. Especially that sunflare one. ;)
I should be getting ready for work. Instead, I'm laughing at you - you are hilarious! I so would have joined you on this adventure, but I too would have mooed. LOL
Well, considering your uncooperative models, those are beatiful photos.
I can't whistle either... but I LOVE your photos. everytime.
I ALWAYS moo at cows. It's a compulsion of mine. I have to. And they always look at me, I'm sure wondering who the crazy human is.
I can't whistle either....
I moo at cows, too... usually only when my window is open. That way they can hear me, or something. I don't know. Crazy person.
I love the sun flare one! Sorry it fried your eyeballs, but at least it looks good! :D
Cows!!!! That is my wail of utter happiness. I heart cows. They are a secret passion (once an obsession) and this post had my heart all a flutter. I kid you not. I do not tease. I do not exaggerate.
I use to have a cow collection, but my hubby is a clutter free/neat freak. Not worth the eye rolls. I do still have a few figurines from my childhood though.
My best friend grew up on a farm. His dad was a vet, and the coolest experience that I've had (with a cow) was to assist with an ultrasound on a pregnant momma. The baby was named after me, too.
Ok- maybe I'm a little crazy. You have been used as a therapist to my crazy cow rantings. Sorry about that.
I have one question for you, did you make it to wal-mart? :) haha.
I had a very similar night the other night, of course it was minus the cows, and minus the wal-mart, but I did go to Target by myself, fully dressed with my car keys and almost my sanity. :)
And of course, I love your pictures.
Amazing pictures!! I do appreciate the pain and agony!
THESE ARE GREAT!!!! LOVE love love!
The very first photo was my favorite, although they were all awesome! I really enjoy your sense of humor.
Post a Comment