Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where's Waldo?

It was still before 8:00 in the morning, and I'd already had to confiscate two wooden spoon type weapons from a girl and a boy. Apparently, the girl started it. Or so I was told.

The boys retreated to their bedroom. All the dishes in my kitchen rattled, and I wondered whether it was possible for those enthusiastic bodies to actually come crashing through their floor.

But the girl?

Quiet.

Like, the something-is-wrong kind of quiet.

Or, maybe not.

where's waldo

Business as usual.

on the shelf




In other news, I was honored to see one of my self portraits featured at Mortal Muses (at the bottom of the post).

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, why ask for help when you can do it yourself!

I've had a bit of house shaking around here, too. HMPH!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I each have "it's too quiet what are they up too" moments from our childhood. Mine involved me and my cousin trying to scrub the magic marker out of my grandmas rug after trying to copy Bob Ross one morning and my husbands was when he was playing "barber shop" with his brother, with real scissors and real hair.

Also, what a great, if precarious, reading perch.

I'm Cassie... said...

What motivates kids to climb like that? Too funny and ringing familiar here.

And she is just too pretty.

Anonymous said...

This is very cute!

Susan said...

What a great reading place! So glad it was a good quiet.

T.J. said...

Looks just like a day in the life at our house!!!

And that last post- oh how I can relate!! I just mixed up a POTENT bug spray recipe because I was getting eaten while gardening since it seems my only free time to get out there is during dusk and dawn when the bugs are just most delightful.

2 days ago, I left my delicate tray of tomato seed starters in the sun too long (while I ate bon- bons and or had to deal with the oil guy, clean the entire house for my inlaws arrival and give the stinky dog a bath) and BLAMO all but 2 seem to have died ;(

well, i always have my bed salad mix.

Kirsten said...

haha, love this. and love "cars and trucks" on the floor. :)

congrats on the self portrait feature!!! i love that shot.

Brooke said...

She is so adorable!! Her hair is getting so long, it's so pretty! The quiet can definitely send you in search of what's wrong! So cute that she was entertaining herself (and climbing)!

Unknown said...

I don't know why I haven't seen this before, but I want you to know that Bean and Hannah would get along famously!! :D

They could climb all the furniture/shelves/ladders/etc to their heart's content. ;)