Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Giveaway! Clickin' Moms Lifetime Membership

www.ClickinMoms.com


People, I'm pinching myself.

I can hardly believe I have the privilege of giving one of you this membership. It's not a tangible prize. It's so so much more.

For the self-taught photographer, the internet is an amazing resource. There is a ton of information out there. But if I were to weigh everything photography-related that I've gleaned from that great web in one hand, and what I've gained from Clickin' Moms in my other hand... the information from Clickin' Moms that overflows from my hand is richer, deeper, and more satisfying than what I've found anywhere else online.

Despite the name, you don't have to be a mom (or even a woman) to be a member, although the vast majority are.

www.ClickinMoms.com


This is a community where knowledge is shared generously and all are encouraged. We laugh together. We cry together. We gently push one another to become better photographers (hobbyists and professionals).

If you sign up for a new membership this month (June 2011) and happen to win the giveaway, your membership fee will be refunded. Links in this giveaway are affiliate links. If you decide to join Clickin' Moms, I appreciate you doing so through one of my links. And really, if you have any interest in photography, you won't be disappointed. The fee is nothing compared to what you get back. They even have a week-long trial membership for six dollars. How can you go wrong with that?

Four ways to enter this giveaway! Leave a separate comment on this blog post for each entry. Only new Clickin' Moms members are eligible for this giveaway. Existing members are not eligible. One Lifetime Membership ($195 value) prize will be awarded to one very lucky winner. Comments will close on June 30, 2011.

1. Visit Clickin' Moms. Leave a comment here telling me what you love about photography.

2. "Like" Clickin' Moms on facebook. Leave a comment here telling me that you did.

3. Are you on the "followers" list at the bottom of my blog? Thank you! Leave a comment here telling me that you are.

4. Blog about this giveaway. Leave a comment here with a link to your post.

Fifty extra entries to whoever wants to come over and clean my house! Okay, I'm just kidding. Maybe.



*** THE LUCKY WINNER***


My heart was pounding as I counted down the list to comment number 31. Much of the joy of blogging, for me, is the community aspect... and so many of the names on this list are bloggers who have become very good friends. I wanted you all to win!

Congratulations Maria!


67 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I don't really see me doing photography professionally... ever... I'd love to able to capture beautiful moments for my family without having to track down a professional each time!

Anonymous said...

I also follow your blog!

Rachel said...

My favorite thing about photography? Well if it's me doing the clicking, I love those surprise shots. Where you don't know exactly how perfect that capture is until you see it on the big screen. And then you are transported right back to that moment and all the sounds, smells, sights, and feelings that came with it.

Yeah... that's the short answer :)

Rachel said...

I'm a follower! :) I was already subscribed, but now I get to see Itty Bit's cute mug down there in your followers list!

Rachel said...

I Liked Clickin Moms on FB!

Kirsten said...

how exciting! i've been hemming and hawing over a subscription for over two years now, and just haven't taken the plunge.

my favorite thing about photography? hmmm. i am finding that the more i take pictures, the more i see when i'm not taking pictures. i have gained an increased awareness of the beauty in the every day stuff, the little stuff, the details. and i love it when i am then able to capture that same feeling of beauty - and awe over the beauty - in a picture.

Kirsten said...

i "like" clickin moms on FB

Kirsten said...

AND, I'm a follower. I was subscribed before, but now I can stalk you two different ways. ;)

Unknown said...

oh, pick me! Pick me!! I love the ability of photography to freeze time. To keep my children young, if only in a photograph -

Unknown said...

I like clickin' mom's on facebooke

Unknown said...

I'm a follower!!

Unknown said...

My favourite thing about photography... Hmmmm... I think I would have to say it's capturing all the little moments with my kids. Stuff that we'll be able to look back on and remember. Me likey. :D

Unknown said...

I've followed you for ages! :D

Unknown said...

I liked them on FB.

Unknown said...

I blogged about it! :D

http://creeksidefamily.blogspot.com/2011/06/clickin-moms.html

Kelly said...

I love photography because it helps me remember the most beautiful things in life. When I capture the hard times, the happy times, and the unexpected, I realize how blessed I am when I turn back to the photos. Enjoying a new hobby and the creative side of me has been another favorite!

Kelly said...

I "liked" clikin moms on facebook! I really do like them! :)

I'm Cassie... said...

I just visited Clickin Moms....again and I like photography because it helps me see what I otherwise wouldn't; it opens my eyes to things I would otherwise ignore. And in a world that can be hard and depressing, it can be very easy to ignore the good and beautiful around us. Taking pictures reminds me of those good and beautiful things. And photography makes me look for beauty in places I otherwise wouldn't. Yes sunsets and flowers are beautiful, but what about the egg that my son accidentally dropped on the floor while he was helping me make pancakes? What about the mud encrusted gardening tools? Those things are beautiful, too.

Kelly said...

I follow your blog like a stalker! I can say that because I am family! :)

I'm Cassie... said...

I "liked" Clickin Moms On facebook!!

I'm Cassie... said...

I've been a follower of your blog for almost a year now!!!

Kelly said...

I blogged about it too!

http://simply-endurance.blogspot.com/2011/06/clickin-moms.html

Shelly L. said...

I have been visiting Clickinmoms regularly! Waiting for the time when a membership fits in my budget! From what I see so far, I will learn soooo much from this amazing community! In general, I love that Photography is a way to not only feel good about what you've created, but give someone else a lifelong memory of that time in their life or someone special to them!

Shelly L. said...

I liked Clickinmoms on Facebook! They should really think about a "Love" button as well! :)

Shelly L. said...

I am a new and excited follower of your Blog!! Thanks for the chance to win!

Joanna said...

I've always heard of clickinmoms, now I must check it out! Sounds like a fabulous giveaway :D

Alissa said...

I love photography because it is art. Every photo is different in its own unique way. I also love to take pictures of my adorable 7 month old model. I would love to learn more from clickin' moms!

Alissa said...

I like Clickin' Moms on facebook.

Alissa said...

I am also a follower, your blog was the first one I started reading!

Alissa said...

I blogged about it!

http://ravishing-life.blogspot.com/2011/06/do-it.html

Maria said...

Okay, I have to enter this! My favorite thing about photography...well, there are two things, and most people have already mentioned them :) First is that I can see beauty in places that I might otherwise overlook, on days that I might otherwise not see any. Second is that I sometimes end up taking a picture that I never intended to take but that I love, and that's a fun surprise when it happens.

Maria said...

I also officially "follow" you now, though I've been following you forever :)

Krukow Family said...

Hello....I follow your blog! Love it!

Krukow Family said...

I liked clickin moms on facebook...who wouldn't do that!

Krukow Family said...

What do I love about photography? The pictures you capture are memories you will have forever!

I'm Cassie... said...

I just blogged about it.....reluctantly.....cuz who really wants to put MORE names into this drawing!

; )

http://kitchenfloordiaries.blogspot.com/2011/06/takin-pictures.html

Abi said...

I'm definitely a follower of Old Nichols Farm... and I'm super excited about your giveaway! Pick me! Pick me!

Abi said...

Ok, I liked CM on FB (and it came from the bottom of my heart :)

Abi said...

Just now, when I looked at Clickin Moms.com I was reminded why I love photography so much- it's a great tool for capturing a personality, a sense of humor or a priceless moment. There's the potential for art and self-expression in every click. I really want to win this because I think CM would help me become a better photographer!

Maria said...

I liked Clickin' Moms on facebook, and I really *did* like it :)

Anonymous said...

I am new to Clickinmoms.com. I just finished an introduction post. Of COURSE I liked it!

The reason I love photography-- it is therapeutic and healing for me. It keeps me in touch with who I am. It allows me to express myself instead of spending hours trying to perfect a face in pencil, I sculpt it with the camera. I capture emotions, moments, and things I know I couldn't do as an artist by any means.

I am a middle of the road photographer who has a long way to go to be as good as I even BEGIN to want to be. I think following the posts and groups on Clickinmoms will help me and a lot of other people do that.

And I LOVE the fact that I can look at websites and images from other photographers readily and get advice.

Thanks for being a part of this wonderful site.

Kindra said...

I love how different perspectives taken of the same scene can change the mood/feel of the moment. Everyone who shoots sees things a little different...it's like you can see their soul.

Kindra said...

I liked "Clickin' Moms" on FB

Kindra said...

I follow your blog...NOW...thought I did when kinderGARDENS began :)

Alita said...

Photography is part of my SOUL!

Alita said...

Oh YOU KNOW I follow you (er stalk you)

Alita said...

And I LOVE (um "like") clickin moms

Kindra said...

Just blogged about the giveaway. My arms are crossed and I'm stomping my foot...the less people the better, but I want an extra entry :) Thanks for the giveaway!

http://gardenofeden-craftsfamily.blogspot.com/2011/06/old-nichols-farm-giveaway-clickin-moms.html

Sofia said...

I love capturing memories. But i want to up it to the next level. I want to learn to photos with emotions - we are getting ready to move abroad to volunteer in anti-trafficking project (late July) and i would like to do take good picture that tell stories.
What an awesome giveaway!! Thanks~

Sofia said...

liked 'clickinmoms' on FB.

Regina Lynn said...

1. I love photography because I love capturing beautiful moments and saving them. And beautiful, soft, glowy light doesn't hurt at all either. Seriously, I'm in love with the light more than anything.

Regina Lynn said...

2. I 'liked' Clickin' Moms on FB.

Regina Lynn said...

3. I am now a follower.

Sarah said...

I love photography because it is another creative outlet and it allows me to capture a moment.

Sarah said...

I liked Clickin Moms on Facebook.

Sarah said...

I'm now a follower.

nacherluver said...

What I like best about photography is the fact that people can share how the world looks through their eyes. I can show you what's in my world and how I view it. You can do the same for me.

nacherluver said...

Of course I follow you!

Susan said...

Ok, I bit. :-) I SO need to improve my photos & I’m already a follower. Sign me up for a chance to win please.

Rebecca said...

I'm a scrapbooker, so I love looking back at my photos and enjoying the memories of good times and beautiful places. Thanks for the chance to win!
(email: rjlrebo at gmail dot com)

Susan said...

I just went to the Clickn' Mom's site but it's under maintenance, so I'll visit it again later. :-) I love photography because it captures a moment in time and allows you to share it with others.

Susan said...

Checked them out on Facebook and gave them a thumbs up. :-)

Sabrina said...

Wow...that's a loaded question! Why I like taking pics?? Well, in a nutshell it must be first of all capturing a person's (my own?) history so that we can look back and laugh or maybe cry down the road. I've always loved preserving memories and to me, photos are the ultimate way to do that. Beyond that, I've also come to appreciate shapes and forms that you can only explain to others by snapping away.

Sabrina said...

I'm a follower....again! I love you but you have to stop this bouncin' around blog thing!!! I don't want to lose you!

Kathy B said...

Love Capturing a Moment in time and having that moment forever.

Kathy B said...

I "liked" clickin moms on FB

Kathy B said...

I am now a "follower"!! =)