Well... and for my kids to be kind to each other, and that there would be no whining or arguing, and that they would eat their food without complaining, and for the little Bean to take a nice long nap, and for them to pick up their toys without being asked, and go to bed like obedient little lambs.
But with little ones, you take what you can get.
A family photo was a lofty goal. Other than the few times our children's Grandma has
So I set up the camera and rounded everyone up.
The little people's attitudes were best when one of the boys was in charge of the remote clicker. On a two second timer, I was seriously impressed with how they were able to hide that thing before the shutter clicked.
So technically, I guess some of these aren't self portraits. But I'm gonna say they are.
I wanted us interacting with each other, not looking at the camera saying "cheese".
Not a success. Not a failure either.
Exactly as we are. Some of us wearing mis-matched flannel. Hair uncombed. Socks discarded.
I love these.



Selfie Magic - family portrait
15 comments:
i love these! you can tell a lot about your family just from the series of pics. :)
i love seeing the whole family in one pic - there are some faces in there that i don't think i've ever seen before! :)
this makes me want to get some pics of our family. i'm pretty good at capturing the day-to-day candid stuff (except i need to get myself in the shot more often), but somehow i never make time for portraits. must be remedied.
These photos are very cute and real, love the lighting.
These are beautiful! It makes me miss all my babies. They're all so big.
ADORABLE! authenticity is what counts. these count.
Love these! :D
I was just thinking the other day that I want to try and do something similar... I don't have a remote, though. ;)
These are wonderful! What a beautiful family.
Your family is so amazing! I adore this series so much!! There's a chance I might try to do this, too ;)
So very lovely, Jess. And so wonderful to see you on here with the whole fam. :)
I'd take these any day over those posed studio shots.
I loved your post and I loved the photos. :)
Jess, this post is so awesome! I wanted the exact same things for mother's day but everyone in my family was really sick (except me)! We don't have a single family photo and I despair when I think of getting all 3 little ones to smile at the same time (on a timer, nun the less!) but now I have seen your charming un-posed family portraits and I think it's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!
Fabulous! Personally, I think that some of the "bloopers" photos are the ones I look back and cherish the most.
These are so awesome - I love the candid nature to them. Definitely frame worthy!
Beautiful, wonderful, marvelous! What an awesome look at your family Jess.
The middle one is my fave. I can tell you guys all love each other so much and I love the relaxed feel to these shots.
Big giant smile on my face here. Love the pics! I don't think I've ever seen pictures of your Hubby before. And your oldest is coming out of his shell. I just saw more picks in my quest to catch up on missed posts than I have of him in a whole year. :-)
You have such a nice family. They are lucky to have you.
Post a Comment