Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Facing Myself - November Linky

Well my friends, I've got nothing for you today. Nothing.

IMG_8680


I happened to make Cinnamon Bread today, which I thought perhaps might give me an interesting shot. It was interesting alright. The only thing I had to show for that attempt was a very greasy remote. Greasy, greasy, greasy.

Well, that and the bread which always turns out so amazing that I can immediately eat an entire loaf. And sometimes I do, but I never guilty about it. Never. Because it makes me happy.

IMG_8681


Even better, the soaped-up remote still works.

IMG_8686


I would certainly expect nothing less from a five dollar piece of plastic made in China. And thank goodness because how else could I bring you these fabulous self portraits?

I really outdid myself this time.

The linky is open for the rest of the month. Rules HERE.

16 comments:

Heather T. said...

Jess, you always make me smile :) I SO enjoy visiting you!!

Krystal said...

That was so not, nothing!

nacherluver said...

Even your nothing is creative and cute!

Adeena said...

Mmmm... cinnamon bread!! ;)

Cool reflection in your shots.

Ashley Sisk said...

Well at least your selfies turned out alright...with your soapy remote.

Winn (aka Koreen) said...

You posted more than I did, which is definitely better than nothing. ;) Great shots, by the way. I envy you the remote. I need one.

Alita said...

These were great self portraits. Don't sell yourself short. And we all have lessons to learn. I learn all the time.

I'm linking up tomorrow. I actually have a couple shots that look just like yours. :)

Kelly said...

I am so proud to call you my cousin!! :) you are amazing! I have a panic attack every time I think about taking a picture of myself...you do an amazing job! I love the part where you say you dont feel guilty about eating because it makes you happy...okay...first of all, I say that all the time and second of all, be thankful we have grandma dorothy's metabolism so we can be happy and eat! We are more like her than you think! :)

Lisa said...

Lovely shots this month! I wish I would have been around your house when that cinnamon bread came out of the oven...

Jen said...

I really like the reflection!

Wendy said...

Nice! I bought a pretty expensive remote, and broke it within a week, sigh. Glad to see yours survived its soapy encounter!

urban muser said...

love your shots. i need a remote!

Emma Sue said...

First time visitor here. Came from Ashley's blog :)

I got a chuckle out of your comment on your remote being less than $5 piece of plastic from China, it looks just like the one I have. I had wanted a smaller one to "hide" better when taking pics but alas just the one larger one, so it makes it interesting when taking self portraits. Especially getting it aimed right at the camera...lol

Looking forward to following you more.

Michelle said...

I love these photo's so much I'm going to join in =D Might have to get myself a $5 remote too!

Brooke said...

I totally waited til last minute ;)

Also? Cinnamon Bread? I want that recipe! please?

Cassie said...

What?!?!?! Is the month over already! I FINALLY got around to taking some more mediocre self potraits yesterday and hopped over to make sure the linky was still open and GASP - it's not!

I realize I can save the picture for next month...I mean this month....but *sigh* that just won't be the same.

Oh well! that will teach me to procrastinate!