Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The evidence

"No."

"A bath? No."

"Uh. NOPE."

"No, I dooooon't need to."

IMG_1118

The number of baths and/or clothing changes a boy has on a summer day is directly proportional to the amount of fun contained within that same day.

I need to go wash some towels...


The challenge at I Heart Faces is "Play".

After I got my photo ready I read about this week's judges. Just my luck, they are obsessed with color. So here's me with my black & white entry. Oh, well. I'm gonna play anyway.

BWS tips button


Here I am a month later, editing to link up with In A Yellow House photo challenge - "Your Best Shot".

I feel I've really come a looooong way in this photography journey of mine. It was only last November it crossed my mind to take the camera off the "little green box". Portraits are my weakness. But I nailed this one. I love it. LOVE it. For some reason this shot has been on my mind all week, and then Ms Yellow House asked for it... our best shot.

17 comments:

Photos by Wilma said...

What a great photo!! I'm guessing I'll be in the same boat in about 5 years from now. :) Boys + dirt + fun = mess!! :)
Great job with the B&W!

Mrs. Bird said...

Ha! I love it! I can't wait for a boy....it's a great shot!

Priscilla Leggett Photography said...

Oh I have a couple of my daughter posted on my family blog. They are so funny when they insist they don't need a bath because it interrupts their day/playtime. He's adorable! Nice work.

Misty Exnicios said...

This image captures a boy playing hard!! Love the processing!

Summer said...

Super! The look in his eyes is great.

Albert 'n Katie Butler said...

I love this picture!!! Great job!

Adeena said...

Totally get it. :D

I could make my kids bath every couple hours or so in the summer... but instead, I make them stay outside all day. ;)

Love the picture!

Winn (aka Koreen) said...

This is a great picture... and while I don't know what it looks like in color, it's marvelous in black and white. =) Good luck with iheartfaces!

lisa d. photography said...

love it! the I just ate the canary look is priceless

Melissa said...

Now that looks like a great day of awesome play!

crystal.cattle said...

Very cute photo. Growing up on a farm I think I looked like this a lot of the time too. We made dirt everything. Do you shoot in B&W all the time?

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Miroslava said...

having two young boys myself i've surrendered to the saying "boys will be boys"...priceless expression and I think B&W makes it even better.

~ k said...

This is a fantastic shot. The black and white makes it so appealing... great conversion.

Delia said...

Oh so perfect! The evidence of "play" is written all over his face.

The Reluctant Blogger said...

I love this shot! I look forward to some of the same type with my son who is 5 months now but I'll blink and he will be big! Thanks so much for sharing!

Faith said...

SUCH a great shot!! :)

mamaspank said...

I love shots of kids, and this one is exceptional. Beautiful boy.