Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Rainbows? Just my luck.

Scavenger Hunt at Ashley's.

Honestly, this feels like an excuse, a painless impersonal way to ease myself back into blogging again. Nearly seven weeks? Life goes on. We're now well into our summer schedule. It's not a smooth transition for us, change rarely is. Worse yet (as far as blogging is concerned), the only camera I have any desire to use isn't digital. I really had to push myself to shoot the big gun again this week rather than officially list it for sale. But I did pick that camera up, even though I didn't want to, and without throwing a tantrum too. Sometimes, as my oldest child is learning, sometimes that's what counts.

1. Shine
Awhile back I swore I was finished with the rainbows and unicorns. Finished! Well, as it turns out, I'm a liar. "Exhibit A"
rainbow

2. Fast
These pigeons are squatters in our far barn. The barn we don't use. The barn that glass randomly shatters in the windows as the big building shifts. They're nervous fidgety birds. They don't like company. And, they're fast.
pigeons

3. Left
The dog ran off and left him there. Poor lonely puddin'.
left behind

4. Peace
Some evenings I race out of here to catch the last hour or two of daylight and a shred of sanity. My time may be filled with a number of things or critters, but always peace. Oh, look, there's another rainbow. "Exhibit B" *sigh* Stand by for unicorns...
path

5. Plain
Since eggs are a renewable resource around here, it seemed only natural to start my seedlings in the shells.
eggshell seedlings
This idea is from Pinterest, but the original pinned link was broken, so unfortunately I can't give credit where it's due.

16 comments:

Adeena said...

Lovely rainbows. ;)

And "Poor lonely puddin'" made me snort laugh. XD

Leslie said...

Great 'shining' picture, love ot.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty set! I love the left, and the comment you left on the picture! Very nice!

nacherluver said...

Lovely photos and good to see you back in this space (rainbows, unicorns and all). I love the seedlings in egg shells. I always mean to do it myself but once the breakfast rush starts, I forget to save the shells! I end up crushing them instead. Ah well. Someday.

I'm Cassie... said...

I love the mowed path in your "peace" picture. Your photography is unique because it can take a darker edge (like cats eating baby birds and cow c-sections and black and white deer skeletons on facebook) but I don't think you'll ever escape rainbows and unicorns.

I'm Cassie... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

what a pretty, creative set. i really like the last one!! i am going to email you a picture i think you will enjoy!!

Lisa said...

Glad to see you back. Lovely photos as always! I hope your schedule gets a little more routine and easier in a few weeks. Happy summer.

Victoria Strauser said...

Love the seedlings - always wanted to try that method. Didn't get to grow anything from seed this year. Good thing there is another spring just around the corner... albeit a very large corner. :)

Robyn said...

Jess
Love your Scavenger Hunt finds! The lighting in your picture is awesome. Neat capture of the cat.

Ashley Sisk said...

Blog breaks are nice, but I'm so glad you made a little time in your world to stop by for a visit. LOVE that first shot.

Brooke said...

Yay! I've missed your photos. and your words :) Awesome way to ease back into it, I'd say! The light in these is so gorgeous. Love that first one best.

Colleen said...

You've still got it. Even if it's not what you want. ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back :-) As always, you have great shots. I really wish I could be walking on that path right now, and feeling some peace.

sweet 7D said...

Awww...I love your first shot!! (How did you do that??) The full set is amazing! I am so glad you are back to blogging!! You are such an inspiration and your talent is amazing!! Thank you for sharing!

T.J. said...

Seriously, if you ever post a picture of a unicorn I would jump in the car and head right to your farm. I mean a unicorn??!! You should find one, I hear they lift spirits and are magical ;)

love and support to you Jess, your pictures are bangin', but it was especially good to read a few words from you :) XOXO